Search the forum,

Discuss HELP! Do we need a DPM before laying tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If manufacturers say it can be used under a dpm ,then you should be good to go. I would also give it a coat or two of SBR over the anti-sulphate a its resistant to moisture and salts.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
SBR is a white liquid ,sealer,primer,and admixture, widely available in builders merchants, diy outlets, etc.

S

Sam2494

Have decided to go with the following plan of action:
1. Permaguard Epoxy DPM throughout (2 coats)
2. Self levelling compound
3. Install new tiles using Mapei flexible waterproof adhesive

Does this sound sufficient and any more pointers?

Reaction score
Have decided to go with the following plan of action:
1. Permaguard Epoxy DPM throughout (2 coats)
2. Self levelling compound
3. Install new tiles using Mapei flexible waterproof adhesive

Does this sound sufficient and any more pointers?

Sam did you go with this method? How are the results a few years on ?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The water has to go somewhere my guess is it will travel under tiles until it reaches
a point of escape normally the walls that suround the room
No it wont unless it's free liquid water. Moisture vapour doesnt work like that.
[automerge]1593632887[/automerge]
You cannot solve ground borne moisture using a liquid DPM. These are designed to protect against residual moisture only. You need a proper tanking system designed to protect against variable moisture levels and pressures. You also need to consider where the floor sits relative to the water table especially in winter.

Reply to HELP! Do we need a DPM before laying tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen