Discuss Have I got any options? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
My tiler has made a huge mistake (which he excuses as being unlucky with measurements). There is an ugly slither at the top of the stack, which is made even worse by the black grout he used between the slither and the ceiling. The tiles are ceramic.

Not only that, there is an uneven gap between the side tile trim and the wall (up to 6mm in one corner.

I wanted a professional job, and feel I could have done as well myself.

My question is whether I have any options other than pulling all the wall tiles off and trying to hire someone else?

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0182.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0178.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
To completely hide the bodge you could overboard the ceiling.
How was he unlucky with measurements? Be interesting to hear the excuse!
Obviously it was going to come out close so one either starts with a half tile or alternatively just increase the grout lines by 1mm.

Reaction score
To completely hide the bodge you could overboard the ceiling.
How was he unlucky with measurements? Be interesting to hear the excuse!
Obviously it was going to come out close so one either starts with a half tile or alternatively just increase the grout lines by 1mm.
Thanks for your suggestion Ben-gee. His reply on my complaint rather sums it up:

“So how do we get over that area Pete . I started at floor level with the full tile & with them being 330 mm it’s just how it worked out. Unless it’s covered with a white trim to blend in with the ceiling??”

- he trusts to luck. I suppose most customers would go along with it, but I’m one of these nerdy types that spends hours watching you experts do things like this on YouTube.

Reaction score
Oh ok, so no forethought or planning whatsoever! Let’s hope he didn’t adopt that attitude to other aspects of the work.

Reply to Have I got any options? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks