Discuss hard hard porcelain in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

TT Tiling

hi guys tried to drill a porcelain tile today ,had two new 32 mm 365 drill bits and they both didn't make a mark on it ,I have never ever come across anything like it before any help would be great as have about 38 holes to drill

W

White Room

Had one the other day, 2 holes and 4 recharges of the cordless...they were rock hard.

W

White Room

I use Marcrist for regular sizes and other makes for sizes not used to often, you could have look at ATS Diamond for one that can be used with a grinder.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
are the marcrist as good as they say they are ,big money for them
365 drills market them as a limited use bit. marcrist and the ATS cores should last a bit longer.
BUT, on hard porcelain the main thing is, loads of cooling water. Overheat and you will glaze the bit.

W

White Room

I find them good but as you say the cost would be a consideration when buying especially the larger sizes.

C

Concrete guy

There are one or two products we've come across recently which are extremely dense and the only solution is a full wet fed drill system.

EDIT:-

Today, the factory that makes our Electroplated bits has sent us some "Premium Electroplated" bits to test. They are twice the price, which is fine if they are twice as good (or better!).

They are certainly a little more robustly manufactured and there's nothing like an absurdly hard porcelain to test them on.

We don't have 32mm to test but we do have 30mm or 35mm if either of those sizes will do.

Send me address details and the size you'd like then test it and let us know how quickly you can kill it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

Not sure what went wrong with the PORSADRILL 32mm.

If you send me a tile (or let me know the shop / brand / make) we can test a 32mm here on it here in the factory.

32mm.jpg

[video]https://youtu.be/Qb0QgRKi2dM[/video]

guideplate.jpg

T

TT Tiling

hey thanks guys tried a cut off cup and filled with water with the 365 drills but they didn't make a mark so lots of water to cool the bits ,both bits didn't last , got my self some marcrist drill today and that went through like butter very happy but big money

Reply to hard hard porcelain in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks