Currently reading:
grout lines setting out help

Search the forum,

Discuss grout lines setting out help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Slowly Learning

Hi all,

I have a bathroom walls and floor to start with 30x30 porcelains. Customer is very hard to work for and notorious with the local tradesman round our way for picking holes and not paying. They want all wall and floor grout lines to follow through, the room is rectangular but out in the corners like every room. I was going to lay floor down dry and take my lines up from there for the walls. Is there any other way I can set out to ensure all lines follow through? Needless to say will be faffing around setting out for ages as I know what will happen if its not perfect.

Thanks in advance!

Y

YourTiler

I know you'll have started by now but as above tile the floor first....Dry laying is a bad idea IMO
I was shown this years ago when I started, to get all funny cuts sorted before laying - Absolute crap!! 1mm out in one place and it's gone t*ts up

Sometimes the customer sees where you're coming from, sometimes they don't

Seen it so many times before "the customer is always right" until it goes wrong :mad2:

C'mon.... this guys needing hugs :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reply to grout lines setting out help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.