Search the forum,

Discuss Grout Float - Toolstation in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

harrylime

I picked up a grout float from toolstation today, to finish off the porcelain tiles in my shower. I dont want to pay a lot as I probably won't need it after my current project. It is made of some sort of lightweight polystyrene rubber, with sharp edges (should they not be bevelled?)
Have I made a false economy? I have not cut corners on anything else, including buying a Sigma dry cutter, and don't want to start now. It's only a float, is it critical to get a good finish?

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ha Ha! This has got to be a wind up, so you buy a brand new sigma but don't want to spend too much on one project? if it isn't then I would always say that Marshalltown float are the best in the business but you should be fine with the one you got as long as you take your time :wink:

H

harrylime

Not a wind up, just that all the grout floats seem to look the same, and the descriptions don't help much. I've since found a Rubi one at Tradepoint so will pick one of those up, to play safe, as I should have done in the first place. I bought the sigma on the logic that it will be hardly used so should be easy enough to sell when I've finished. Much cheaper than hiring a decent cutter

H

harrylime

I'm using Weber powder mix (grey). TBH I've just been to B and Q and bought a Rubi float. I can see right away that it's completely different, wit a rubber face rather than what looks like polystyrene on the cheapo Toolstation one. To be honest, I don't know why I messed about like that, I always go for decent quality tools and usually price is a decent indicator of quality

Reply to Grout Float - Toolstation in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen