Discuss Grout choice. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Just looking for suggestions. The bathroom I'm doing at the moment is mocha floor tile 30x30 bottom half of walls is mocha 60x30 then mocha glass and metal border and top half of walls is gloss white 60x30. Was gonna go with brown grout on the mocha tile and white on the white tile. Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a colour that may suit both tiles. :).

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You'll be lucky to get a grout that will satisfy a light and dark tile together. Two options IMO, the one you have chosen, or go for mocha on both walls and floor. I wouldn't normally put a dark grout on a light tile but on a tile that size it may look ok.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Was also thinking of going with the brown straight thru, will probably try a sample on a couple of the spare white tiles over the wknd.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Got any pics?

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

5adc5bd8-bd1d-d220.jpg
5adc5bd8-bd33-20a8.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think you can go brown all over looking at the pics

S

Spud

I would use grey, it is always used on white tiling in Germany and would look good on the mocha as well

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
I think grey grout would suit both tiles but I had a bit of a problem with some of white tiles yesterday being a little inaccurate and have had to open up a few of the joints around the window. As a result I'm a little unsure of using a contrasting colour that might highlight this.

Reply to Grout choice. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks