Search the forum,

Discuss grade 2 listed terrazzo restoration in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RockCeramics

Last week i got a call from the Hammersmith & fulham council, there in the process of refurbishing the lord mayors chambers. In the washroom they have removed the old stud walls and vinyl floor covering to reveal terrazzo insitu which is grade 2 listed.I had the opportunity to tender for the required repairs and restoration of the terrazzo insitu,this afternoon i got the call and confirmation that they excepted my tender.
So i thought i,d share some photos of the repairs need doing and i,ll post some more once ive started. Making a call Friday as to when we can start hopefully within the next two weeks.

Attachments

• hammersmith town 007.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 33
  • hammersmith town 006.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 22
  • hammersmith town 002.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 16
  • hammersmith town 010.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 29
  • hammersmith town 003.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 26
  • hammersmith town 005.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 27
  • hammersmith town 022.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 25
C

Colour Republic

Look forward to it, but any chance you can keep the costs down? I couldn't bare another rise in council tax:mad2:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent job. I'd get that in your portfolio, and if you haven't got one, I'd get one!

Make sure you keep us updated with lots of pics! :)

Thanked you for posting some already.

D

DHTiling

YE!! A tutorial of work in progress and job completion would be appreciated....

Look forward to seeing this job progress.....if you keep all updates and pics to this thread then we can see job from start to finish...

thats if you would do this for us...plz...:smilewinkgrin:

R

RockCeramics

spoke to the project surveyor ealier today and have made arrangements to start next friday and work through the weekend and complete for Monday . (very long hours) job has to be handed over for completion for monday. we`ve had little notice but im sure we can complete by then .

should have better before photos and will do some photos during some of the repairs (insitu repairs- cracked areas-) and then the stain removal then diamond polish finish to all areas.

"please note that some of the stained areas might need more attention for removal and in normal curcumstances we would attack the stains with a much harsser methods, but because of a grade 2 listed they do not like the idea of removing more instu than needed as to keep for a longer period of time.

S

Spud

will that give you enough time for the repairs to cure before polishing as you have avoid them drying out too quickly dont you? you will have to get the wet newspaper/rags out lol

R

RockCeramics

For repairs like these we use a 2 part polyester mastic (epoxy resin) which sets and harderns in 10/ 15 minutes, Because the repairs are very small if you use a cement base repair 9 / 10 times the small repairs will pop-out when grinding ,also it can be quite a task to apply on walls and for them to adhere to the walls. Cement insitu is usually mixed to a creamy texture and applied on larger areas (access covers, insitu slabs or where a tile cant be matched .)
Hopefully the next batch of photos will explain that in more detail.

R

RockCeramics

Just some more in put from this job.
I have been given a couple of extra items on this current job (cement insitu behind pipes the pipes are going to be boxed in but they are limiting the size of the area to be boxed) and also window reveals as well to restore.
thus job could not be completed over weekend so im back there this friday to complete job ,but here are some photos on the job so far.

Attachments

• hammersmith town stage 2 026.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 21
  • hammersmith town stage 2 025.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 13
  • hammersmith town stage 2 016.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 15
  • hammersmith town stage 2 013.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 21
  • hammersmith town stage 2 002.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 26
  • hammersmith town stage 2 047.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 25
  • hammersmith town stage 2 058.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 21
  • hammersmith town stage 2 059.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 16
  • hammersmith town stage 2 051.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 28
  • hammersmith town stage 2 055.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 27
C

Colour Republic

OMG:mad2::mad2::mad2: When you first posted the pictures a week ago I thought the walls were HARDBOARD! I didn't realise they were stone and you were restoring them! I thought it was just the floor to be sorted!

Now I do, Coming along nicely!:thumbsup:.... I trust you're still keeping my council tax down though:lol:

Reply to grade 2 listed terrazzo restoration in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen