Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Go home or face arrest. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Shame.....might hurt their feelings.

Personally, I'd tell them to disappear right away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
should be more like the aussies, but instead of sending them to malaysia send the to scotland....:sofahide:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
I saw this on the tv this morning, total waste of time and money imo, they're here illegally and know it, they face arrest every day they're here so what incentive is there ?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Problem is they reckon there's up to 1/2 million illegals here at moment. How do they think they are going to process them. They can't even keep up with the ones they know about.

Where are they getting their money from? Where are they living? Is anyone employing them? If they have kids are they at school? If they are ill who looks after them? Are they getting ops and medication for free?

One to blame - Last shower that were in Government, opening the floodgates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :incazzato::mad2:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
One to blame - Last shower that were in Government, opening the floodgates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :incazzato::mad2:
Now I'm not political in any way but as seen on the tv yesterday THIS government is about to open the doors to up to 28 million more from various places, if that lot hit us legally we're even more screwed.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Now I'm not political in any way but as seen on the tv yesterday THIS government is about to open the doors to up to 28 million more from various places, if that lot hit us legally we're even more screwed.

Agreed with EU in 2007 under Labour Government, restrictions to be lifted December 2013 so that more eastern europeans can come here to live and work under the 'freedom of movement' act.

But you're right Al, we are going to be well and truly royally screwed!!!

F

Fliselege

Wonder if the locals think of me as a P taking immigrant, mind you I work, pay tax, speak the lingo, intergrate, never go to the government cap in hand, go home for a holiday every few months, have all my papers in order.... still an immigrant though, if you can't beat 'em... ;-)

S

Spud

freedom of movement is fine but we need to protect the futures of the next generation of british workers , jobs should be offered to migrant workers once all the native british workers have employment that is common sense in my opinion and it is a model that works in the usa and australia ,I welcome foreign workers as I think they offer a benefit to the ecconomy but dont like the fact there is high youth unemployment amongst british school and university leavers

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Immigrants who pay their way are sound IMO. If you've seen the program "skint" you'd see there are thousands of able-bodied British people who choose not to work and live off the tax payer when there are ample jobs.

One bloke said "I used to work in the factory and back in the day if you have a tiff with your line manager you walk out, go over the road, and get taken on straight away, that's all gone now".

Had it too easy for too long IMO. Had to end at some point. I think until the thousands scrounging off the taxpayer stop, jobs will be filled by immigrants who contribute tax-wise and that's fine.

The illegal ones who don't contribute though should be sent back home at any cost. Long-term it has to be cheaper.

Reply to Go home or face arrest. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks