Discuss Glass cutting blade? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Evening all,
I don't post anywhere near as often as I should, but I need a little guidance with this! I'm looking to purchase a good glass cutting blade for a grinder or wet cutter, preferably the grinder though. What can anybody suggest?

Thanks

M

MTiler

For mosaics I use a Bisazza blade but its very expensive. But I bought a glass blade from Montolit , the Mosaic Cut 2 which Im hoping to try out this week. I have their Pro Gres blade which isnt bad with glass mosaics but the Bisazza one is better.
If youre cutting glass tiles youre better off using a wet cutter as theyll crack and shatter, I just used the diamond blade already in the wet cutter.

O

Old Mod

The Montolit CPV as Harry says is second to none, it's incredible.
They do a 115mm now I believe but it is a wet blade, so if you buy the small one, you'll have to make sure you keep it cool with a very wet sponge.
Not used grinder size myself, but I would like to try one.
But I'm waiting for Sharon to review the mosaic cut 2 before I make my decision.
This is the 180 on a wet cutter.

2.5mm x 600mm in one piece.

image.jpg 1C75AE7C-03B8-4608-8E20-9A746B27A996.JPG

O

Old Mod

Don't think I've seen you post since the schluter course Danny haha
Hope you're well. :)

Reaction score
I am very well thanks, trust that you are too? Wow, the schluter course, has it really been that long?!
Had a conversation with Colin at Kwiksplit earlier about the Monty blades, after seeing 2 mentions from you guys too I think thats what I'll go for. Probably the MC blade as it'll sit unused indefinitely after the impending couple of jobs

O

Old Mod

I lied, 6 posts since 2012. :D Haha
Yeah I'm good, thanks.
You wouldn't recognise the schluter training centre now, it's all changed. For the better I may add, was back there beginning of this year. All new and shiny and Andrew is still leading the way.

O

One Day

The Montolit CPV as Harry says is second to none, it's incredible.
They do a 115mm now I believe but it is a wet blade, so if you buy the small one, you'll have to make sure you keep it cool with a very wet sponge.
Not used grinder size myself, but I would like to try one.
But I'm waiting for Sharon to review the mosaic cut 2 before I make my decision.
This is the 180 on a wet cutter.

2.5mm x 600mm in one piece.

View attachment 88424 View attachment 88426

What saw did you use? Obviously not one wiith a wobbly spindle!

F

Flintstone

2.5mm? Who do you think you are, working to .5 of a mm tollerences, bloody show off!:D
Really tho, very impressive cut for any material let alone glass.

P

Pro Tiler Tools

I have used the Montolit CPV blade in my ND200 and got a perfect cut on a sheet mosaic. If anyone wants to see it in action:

It is an awesome blade.

Sam

Reply to Glass cutting blade? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks