Search the forum,

Discuss General advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pringle

Hi, complete novice here, please bear with me. I want to put in a new bathroom and have floor and walls tiles. Just been into Topps Tiles and came out very confused as there was just sooo many different sorts of tiles. The bathroom will mainly be used by my young children and cost of tiles not a problem, can someone suggest the best sort please, particularly for the floor?? Also, it was was suggested I bought some marine plywood for the fllor, is this the correct sort? Many thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: Pringle - keep popping!

The only advice I will add to your post is - they wont be kids for very long and the tiling will be there a lot longer ( if its done properly) so look for that style that will not age!
Keep posting and fill us in with more details and photos.

U

Unregistered

Thanks John! Is there a certain type of tile you would suggest for the floor? ie. Is Ceramic too slippery, is Travertine worth the hassle of the sealing it etc?

F

faithhealer

Hi Pringle, please register and there are plenty of people on here to answer your questions.
and yes, marine ply is one option for your floor

P

Pringle

Hi Faithhealer, I'm now registered :thumbsup:. Are there easier to get hold of alternatives than Marine plywood?

R

Richardk

As a general rule, I'd fit Hardie Backer Board onto a timber floor and tile with porcelain tiles.

U

Unregistered

Thanks guys. What advice would you give me on what tiles to put down on the bathroom floor? Are there sorts not to use, is ceramic the way to go??

Reply to General advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen