Discuss Forum sponsored insurance links - WARNING! in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

One Day

I thought I'd do my part yesterday afternoon and use the sponsor's insurance comparison service for my PL insurance.
Big Mistake!
I completed the on-line bits about 3pm. I had my first phone call exactly 5 seconds later.
As of today - approx 24hrs later - 19 calls from various brokers and over 15 voicemails.

Just what you really don't need this time of year...

Now maybe I missed a tick box somewhere - so be careful!

S

Spare Tool

I thought I'd do my part yesterday afternoon and use the sponsor's insurance comparison service for my PL insurance.
Big Mistake!
I completed the on-line bits about 3pm. I had my first phone call exactly 5 seconds later.
As of today - approx 24hrs later - 19 calls from various brokers and over 15 voicemails.

Just what you really don't need this time of year...

Now maybe I missed a tick box somewhere - so be careful!
Did you get a decent deal out of it though?

C

Colour Republic

This is the same as pretty much every insurance broker website. Made that mistake many years ago and never repeated it! I give false contact details just to get the quotes and then if I want to proceed with an actual purchase I fill back out with correct details.

BTW now they have your details, expect more calls exactly 12 months from now when the database flags you're likely to be up for renewal

Q

Qwerty

I have had the same and the calls are continuing well over a month after I did the online bit. I think I've blocked them all now!

F

Flintstone

I absolutely hate all insurance companies, I always put in my phone number with a digit Changed, until I'm ready to take out a policy then I own up and give them the right one.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had the same issue with looking for a new Van I got a rubbish ton of calls from every man and his dog selling new vans

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've disabled the quote pages for everything but car and van. Which has the check boxes for no calls.

Earlier I emailed my guy and complained and he asked me to link him to the threads. I said they're in a private area and via pm and can't due to DPA if notmorals alone. So I said I've just filled one in with your mobile number lol

He got back a few hours later saying he's had 3 calls only.

I can't see this lasting if we can't get them to sort it out.

O

One Day

Now this morning I finally get round to sorting out my renewal.
GoCompare / Moneysupermarket etc... all these price comparison sites - the top 5 or so cheapest results all LOOK great with legal protection, breakdown etc included, but after wasting ages going through everything with them, you then find out that there is a £50 handling fee, and that all the "included" extras are only included if you pay extra :mad:
Totally misleading and sneaky!
As I suspected from the start of price comparison sites - they are just a scam for price-fixing by whatever industry takes part.
A couple of hours of my life I will never get back...:mad:

O

Old Mod

Now this morning I finally get round to sorting out my renewal.
GoCompare / Moneysupermarket etc... all these price comparison sites - the top 5 or so cheapest results all LOOK great with legal protection, breakdown etc included, but after wasting ages going through everything with them, you then find out that there is a £50 handling fee, and that all the "included" extras are only included if you pay extra :mad:
Totally misleading and sneaky!
As I suspected from the start of price comparison sites - they are just a scam for price-fixing by whatever industry takes part.
A couple of hours of my life I will never get back...:mad:
I wonder how far having hidden extras would get us! Haha

Reply to Forum sponsored insurance links - WARNING! in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks