Search the forum,

Discuss Floor self levelling compound in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

if you were thinking of laying vinyl I'd personally go for a 2 part like Ardex NA. You get a much smoother finish than a water based fibre re enforced one
If you are 'sticking' down any soft floor covering then you have to buff or sand the floor first but in this case it's cushion floor which is just loose layed so it should be ok. :)

Doggit

TF
Reaction score
I had an interesting chat with Setcrete this morning, so I thought I'd throw it in the mix. Although there are a lot of self levelling compounds on the market, the setcrete guy said that the only true SLC, is water, so all the marketed problems need a little help, hence put the screws and rawlplugs to the level you want, and help move the product with a trowel; just don't overwork it, or powder will rise to the top, and give you laitance problems. The SLCs that say you need a covering on them, will take a heavy weight, but not movement, so if you drag something across the room, you'll easily scratch the surface.

Reply to Floor self levelling compound in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen