Currently reading:
Floor Screed Air Bubbles

Discuss Floor Screed Air Bubbles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi, we've had a builder come out and put in a Longfloor screed to level a room by about 40mm.

Two weeks later we've seen a lot of bubbling come up through the screen but unsure if this is an issue?

We're looking to put down Amtico flooring once the screed has dried out but trying to ascertain if there is a problem with the screed before its laid down.

Pictures can be found here:

Really appreciate any advice/help.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Thanks both. I was told that Longfloor doesnt require laitance removal. I was sold this product over a gypsol anhydrite screed over this fact.
Any ideas why it would do this given that its not an anydrite screed?
Yes. You werent told the truth. All screeds require a degree of sanding. I find it even more infuriating when you turned down my screed ie Gypsol. That it is not anhydrite is completely irrelevant.

D

Dumbo

Thanks both. I was told that Longfloor doesnt require laitance removal. I was sold this product over a gypsol anhydrite screed over this fact.
Any ideas why it would do this given that its not an anydrite screed?
If you were told that in writing you should at least be able to get them to remove to laitence for free .
And if they told you could lay amtico direct to it, any other prep work as well

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
If you were told that in writing you should at least be able to get them to remove to laitence for free .
And if they told you could lay amtico direct to it, any other prep work as well
depending on how it was sold it could be even more as it may not be of the nature and substance reasonably expected by the customer...ie. a breach of the sale of goods act.

D

Dumbo

depending on how it was sold it could be even more as it may not be of the nature and substance reasonably expected by the customer...ie. a breach of the sale of goods act.
What I dislike is companies like this because when I turn up and say this needs doing the customer thinks you are a highwayman whereas they have already been conned but because I dont have a multi million pound business I must be the crook .

Reply to Floor Screed Air Bubbles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement