Search the forum,

Discuss Floor Fail. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Been tiling other parts of this house and started ripping this floor up. Had been laid by a tiler for the current owner. Not sure how long ago. Some tiles had come loose and a crack had formed in another. What a suprised I got when I took the tiles up.
20161104_113523.jpg
20161104_122021.jpg

The pic is a round table top, bits of old kitchen unit and all screws together. Topped with 6 mm ply which was pinned in a fee places with panel pins. On top of chip board but the table was directly under the ply and filling a gap in the floor.
Then once the chip board floor was up. The joist are just sitting loose on cement blocks. They fall short of either walls. Lol. Unreal 20161104_113539.jpg 20161104_142621.jpg

L

LM

That's one of the worst I've seen. In fact if you didn't have pics you could be forgiving for thinking that the story was made up for full effect, Shocking!
Was it really a 'tiler' that did that (firing squad required) or was it a drastically poor attempt at a bit of diy?

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The customer was out for lunch, she was a tad upset but said she wasn't suprised. ... then she said why didn't the tiler sort it the last time....! No idea.
The loose joist are mint. There's a cast cement block at the bottom of the stairs. The joist have been rested in it while it was wet and left loose then placed on loose cent blocks on the other side of the room/hall. But to short to hit the wall by about 3".!
20161104_142554.jpg
20161104_142557.jpg

Reply to Floor Fail. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen