Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting UFH? Tiler or Sparky? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I always lay the mat, probe etc, then get the spark to do the final hook up. I have worked for sparks who do the whole lot, they don't like getting dirty though so won't do the sticking of the insulation boards, that's why the tilers usually get to do it.

2020Tiling

Seems to be a lot of things that could go wrong and different methods of fitting them.
I'd rather the sparky fitted the whole UFH so they get the call back if any problems arise. Would you charge the customer extra to lay the mats etc?

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Wouldn't you rather fit the Mat and thermostat yourself and know its done properly? As you wil be tiling over it and if there are any probs it will be you replacing the floor.

J

J Sid

I'm with Bri. I lay wires and stat, take readings, photos and get sparks to connect up.

D

Dougs Third Go

I always lay it out, channel conduit and put thermostat in place, the rest is up to the sparky.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As much as a pain in the bum it is, fiddling with mats/cable/sticky paper and the like.......at least if you fit it yourself........you know they are down. Sparks will only lay it out.....and then you end up going over it, because it's 3" of the bloody floor in places. :thumbsup:

Annoyed a sparky last week.

3 rooms with UFH, he left pull cables in each. 2 where ok and worked. 1 didn't :oops:

Reply to Fitting UFH? Tiler or Sparky? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen