Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a tile edge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Guru86

Thank you, I will be tilling from floor to ceiling if I put this on first will I need to wait for adhesive to dry before putting tiles on?

D

doug boardley

again another subject where folk have their own ways of doing things, me personally i tile right round the window first and leave the trim and window reveal to the end. usually cut the bottom plastic first with a 32tpi hacksaw and small mitre block. always cut short(very minimal maybe 1mm) this will allow the vertical trim to sit into the mitre perfectly and not sit above it which doesnt look right sometimes. i then proceed to do the sides then lastly i do the top reveal and leave the trim sever so slightly long so its a nice tight fit(ok for plastic trim but obviously not for metal trims) most trims you will find are designed for the tile to sit into the trim, some have a little strip in them which can be removed dependeing on the depth of the tile. i sometimes also use toughened pointed staples to fix the trim into plaster etc just to stop them moving. i always say to myself never start to tile round a window if you dont intend to finish it straight away. like i say we all do things differently and do things that suit ourselves. i always tend to tile around a window in the morning so you can keep an eye on it over the day rather than leaving it overnight when you cant check it. some times cut a couple of pieces of wood to 'chock up' the tiles just for added safety.
same as for me Sean:thumbsup:

A

Aston

if you do it sean and dougs way which i do a lot of the time, sometimes you have to leave one side row of tiles out because it can sometimes be difficult to push the last piece of trim in, when all 4 sides are tiled...so in effect i would tiling the bottom, left hand side and top but i'd leave the right hand side tiles off, bed the remaining piece of trim then fix the tiles to that side..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

Reply to Fitting a tile edge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen