Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting 755mm wide bath in 780mm space in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

basdewaard

I am at a loss with this one. How can I fit a 755mm bath in a 780mm space? Walls are brick. I read somewhere that you could 'pack out' the wall with rapidset. If the bath is placed in the middle that would be 12.5mm of packing out on either side. Alternatively 25mm on one wall. Surely there's a better way?

Ideally the tiles would end up sitting on top of the bath's tile bead too (instead of against the outside of the bath).

R

robgrant

hi could you not dot & dab plaster board on 1 wall . or make a frame on 1 side of the bath and tile that

C

Colour Republic

dot and dab plasterboard on one side. 12.5mm dry wall adhesive, 12.5mm plasterboard = 25mm, then tiles will sit on the bath edge.

I assume one end of the bath is going iin an alcove?

like this....

hanover_bathroom_l.jpg

hanover_bathroom_bath_l.jpg

B

basdewaard

Hi, thanks very much for the suggestions. This gives me some good ideas. Colour Repuplic....here's a sketchup model of the situation. There's a blue/green edge around the bath of about 10mm representing the gap. I can't help but wonder if it's easier/cheaper to just fill that gap with silicon? Or could that result in undesirable consequences?

Bathroom_1400x760bath_15_Nov.jpg

Reply to Fitting 755mm wide bath in 780mm space in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen