Discuss Experience Lag When Typing? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Two members have now reported experiencing lag when typing. So I think it needs looking into. If you experience it, can you let me know by replying to this thread and telling me what browser you use, and what your machine/pc setup is (if you know).

Thanks.

J

J Sid

Two members have now reported experiencing lag when typing. So I think it needs looking into. If you experience it, can you let me know by replying to this thread and telling me what browser you use, and what your machine/pc setup is (if you know).

Thanks.

I have noticed that when writing a long post, perhaps I should stop ;), the delay in typing increases.
I know I should complain, you have already told me this site does not like any Microsoft OS's.
Now the ability to move the on screen sensor has stopped working correctly. Won't move to any point in the text to make corrections or alterations when you tap the word already written.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's leave this thread for the lag issue. Which I can't for the life of me replicate. I'm even currently using a friends Windows laptop which is basically the work of the devil.

Even taking the following screen print was a minute long on this shyte computer. On a mac it's a 1 second jobby. Untitled.png

Sintra

TF
Reaction score
Was using IE on windows 8 earlier and there was a severe delay whilst typing. Tried it on chrome and it was still delayed but not as bad. On safari now and it seems fine.

M

Marvo

If I wanted a computer to match my soft furnishings and improve my Chi then I'd buy a Mac in a heartbeat. ;)

If it's lagging on Sintra's up to date quad-core type hardware then the lag must be real. I've set up on my Dell laptop which is about 3 years old (rather than my 10 year old Amilo) and the lag is still evident although not so bad. On the newer Dell which is still a single core mobile chipset the site is borderline usable although it's still a bit of an unpleasant experience. It does seem that hardware resources make a big difference to how pronounced the lag issue is. I'd guess on a dual core machine upwards with a half decent GPU it might be unnoticeable. Not sure why it should be so resource intensive though? I'd have to say it's probably in the top 1 percent of the slowest or least responsive websites I've visited.

Sorry Dan, hope you can improve it without too many headaches.

M

Marvo

Yep, it does seem quicker than it was but there is sill a lag of about a second when I'm typing. The scrolling up and down pages is a lot smoother and more responsive.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I need to take another look into that Twitter thing. Running out of time this week with schools being closed.

Still need to fix this lag. I can't replicate it and only a couple of people appear to have it. And there doesn't really seem anything matching on your systems or whatever. I'll get the developers on it.

Sintra

TF
Reaction score
The lag seems to be a bit unpredictable. Was fine on a post I made about 20 minutes ago and now it's pretty bad.

Reply to Experience Lag When Typing? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks