Search the forum,

Discuss Existing tilers getting an NVQ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
With so many training centres being available today you would think it's easy getting the industry standard qualification, right? Especially if you are already in the trade.

Well Wivers has decided to at least look in to it for the forums sake and his own.

He started tonight by calling the C.I.T.B to see what they advise. He was confused with somebody who wanted to retrain and was given a more local number to call (I say more local, 40 miles away from hims still). And now it's too late too call.

See what happens tomorrow. Subscribe to this thread.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
If you have 2 years construction experience, phone any one of the colleges that do wall and floor tiling OSAT, there is a list on the TTA website, you can pay your money, a assessor will come out and visit you and take you through the NVQ , doesnt take long to get it, there are no formal checks to how long you have been in the trade, just a question of have you got two years experience, you can come up with your own answer. he will then proceed to work with you until you achieve whats required, straight forward, dead easy

W

wivers

Tried On friday to phone the luton office number i was given, then was given the number of a more local office ( don't know where that was). Then they gave me the direct mobile number of the onsite examiner who didn't answer any of the 5 calls throughout the day i made.

W

wivers

Sorry Dan. Been really busy this week aint finishing in time to ring them. I did however pop into PTS to see if they could "point me in the right direction". George said that they were at a meeting the other day with lots of other tile course leaders about that subject.

He says that TTA & CITB Aren't being to helpful towards Short Courses and NVQ's.
He took my number and said he would ring through the information i need.
Still nothing though. :(

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Try your local business link, they might even pay for it for you with a grant. Get the number off google for your area

W

wivers

Tried for 30 minutes to get the right number again. Finally got the number of the onsite nvq assesor again but no answer in 4 try's again!!

C

ChaseTiling

If anybody needs any help/info on NVQ's, please call our centre for guidance.

Likewise if you need to register for your NVQ and get cracking with it.

Its easier than what everybody thinks :)

Reply to Existing tilers getting an NVQ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen