Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy grout?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I am currently tiling a local chip shop walls and floor, the floor area to be tiled is 23 m2 and is not the kitchen or food preperation area ! Due to possible food contamination and chemicals being used to wash the floor, I presume its better to use epoxy grout, or would I get away with a normal bal grout?

S

Spud

I would epoxy grout it 100 percent reason being the fryers may be moved at some point and there will be caustic cleaners used so for me I would epoxy it

T

Time's Ran Out

I hope you don't have a fixed price contract as the additional costings for epoxy could add 10%!

S

steve187

have you thought of kerrakoll eco ceramic grout, easier to use and maybe as good.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Epoxy for me as well, as john says the extra costings are something to consider. And the tiles your using, epoxy can be a pain cleaning up depending on the surface.

L

lizzardtong

I use warm water wit citic acid in it to wash of epoxy grout. Makes life much easier

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys chaps , I haven't worked with epoxy grout for about 7 years so am hoping its changed a bit since then , pricing extra shouldn't be an issue I hope , as I have done lots of work for this guy !

P

Pebbs

Area, I remember this from memory, legally these days all new tiling works in commercial food prep areas, have to epoxy grout. I cant remember when I was told this, damn yes I do remember it was some hotel kitchen job, it was something to do with bacteria hazards in the grout.

Its been a long day

Lynn

B

bugs183

Don't forget if the floor is laid to fall towards drains etc always grout and wash the lowest parts first!
If the water drains onto the ungrouted joints it won't stick!!!

Reply to Epoxy grout?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen