Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

monkey

Have been asked to grout a 55 square meter food receptical tank with epoxy grout any ideas on wot to charge . GOD HELP ME THERES 9 OF THEM ALL TOGETHER . just want price to charge on one :mad2:

J

jay

hi material (epoxy) and allow double your normal grouting time should cover it allow more if in doubt (does depend on your product some easy some hard to use) :8:

M

monkey

thanks jay what product would you sugest and what would you charge per square meter . taking into account ill be working of scaffold 4 mtrs high:yikes:

F

faithhealer

Why didn't the tiler grout? can't charge per mt, depends on the size of the tile as to how many grout lines there are. Do you know the customer? you don't want your first (?) job to give you grief. Not experienced in epoxy myself but would be wary on a job this size early in your career

M

monkey

hi tiles have been there for years they have a problem with water seepage. its a food prep factory for turning barley into malt .tiles were never grouted they just want to stop water .used epoxy before it gets messy .tiles are 150 x 150 cheers

F

faithhealer

Well a least it sounds like it doesn't have to look as good as a normal job, give yourself three days (complete guess on my part) and see if it's worth doing the others. make sure customer supplies grout or pay as you use it , because it will be expensive if you miscount!

J

jay

laticrete sp 100 is easy to use follow directions use warm water its rec for food prep areas and acid proof price will vary on time not a job for virgin tilers :8:

Reply to Epoxy grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

On the final stretch of this lengthy project and would love to hear your views on Flexible...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen