Search the forum,

Discuss epoxy grout in new shower in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MiG

Hi all,

just about to finish the tiling on my bathroom refit ( new recessed 1200x900 shower, and around the new bath, tiles are mainly white metro, with some borders in sage , with a 2mm grout line.
i've decided on an epoxy grout because of the advantages over cement based grout ie: no discoloration, longer lasting and waterproof also i'm thinking if i use cement based i'll go with a grey-ish, but with epoxy i can go for white without the fear of having to re-grout a year or two down the line

i've done quite a bit tiling in the house, and i've read all the posts i can find about epoxy on the forum, so i know its not easy compared to cement grout. question is which grout to go for ? i'm in sunderland (north east) we have a tile giant here but cant get much info of the site, do they stock Mapei epoxy ? or i can take a trip to topps, who only seem to have Bal, which would be better ?

thx

K

kaharrison9

If mapei epoxy maybe get the tubs in 2kg rather than the 5kg so you have more time and not have to worry about it starting to turn in the tub.

M

MiG

Tile Giant do stock Mapei, yes. It's not that bad to use, just have a read of the instructions, mix well and get tooled up before hand.

went to tile giant today, yes they sell the 2kg tubs, but had none in stock :thumbsdown: a week to get it in.
would this be ok with a 2mm grout ?

thx peeps

ted320

TF
Reaction score
Hey
How did you get on with epoxy grout? I am planning on grouting my kitchen floor with white kerapoxy this week.

M

MiG

wasn't bad, can be a bit messy if you let it, worked from 2kg pots, pot life was about 45mins (prob due to heating being on :oops:) very pleased with it, jus work clean and use plenty of hot water

Reply to epoxy grout in new shower in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen