Search the forum,

Discuss dunlop!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

Sellotape is a better adhesive than green star.

:ban:tubbed addy.

I cant argue with that one Dom

this is the same builder that asked me to d&d a wall with plasterboard he bought cheap from wickes as it was broken across each corner and then to make things worse he stacked up against the wall of the garage so they bowed

:mad2:

D

davy_G

I'll stick my neck on the line here. Used alot of Dunlop bagged gear, never had a problem and good prices. Rapid set goes off a bit quick in hot weather. Find their wall grouts lovely to work with (only make white in flexi though) better than Bal IMO.
Their tubbed gear is pretty pants, i avoid it as much as poss. If i use tubbed, its Ardex D20 or creamy D30, Mmmmm.
Just my opionions.

M

mikethetile

We have been selling Dunlop for two years now and have never had a reported failure. Our customers give us excellent feed back on all the range. Used to sell mapei ten years ago and had to drop it because of all the problems...good colour range though:smilewinkgrin:

this is not my experiance of dunlop or mapei, the only problem I have had with mapei is with their white grout

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Dunlop is the cheaper side of BAL. Out of the annual polls we run to vote for the best adhesive brand for each year, Dunlop have never even come close to 5th. BAL and Mapei are always the winners, and BAL is even getting less and less attention due to their overpricing.

Please don't dig up old threads for the sake of selling your stock.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
I've used 2 products from dunlop, 1 was their flexi which I was supplied with by a builder for marble tiles on underfloor heating, and I found it very good, the other was a pourable adhesive, again supplied by a builder for an uneven subfloor, which you just pour out and trowel as normal, it was brilliant, no need for slc, and from memory, I think you can thick bed it as well.:thumbsup:

Reply to dunlop!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.