Search the forum,

Discuss Dry Diamond Holesaws - Vacuum Brazed M14 fitting. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

We've introduced a new range of Vacuum Brazed Dry Diamond Holesaws with M14 fitment to attach directly to angle grinders. Very similar to the Rubi dry core range or the Marcrist PG750X-M14 range.

We don't see these as a replacement for electroplated holesaws, rather a product that runs along side and solves that problem when there is simply no option to drill wet. Or you may simply prefer to use these as opposed to the electroplated bits.

These are designed to fit directly onto the thread of a grinder/polisher and will operate at 10,000 rpm plus on any standard 115mm or 125mm grinder.

They will also work on variable speed grinders and Wet polishers.

Each bit is hollow even the 6mm size, so if you have a wet centre feed machine like a Flex polisher you can utilise the water flow. It's unlikely this will speed up the cutting or even create a cleaner hole, but it will extend the drill bit life maybe as much doubling useable lifespan.

50mm in length they will cut through pretty much anything including 30mm thick granite counter tops.

The range is currently limited to the 12 sizes shown below which represent our top 12 selling sizes in electroplated holesaws. We can make pretty any size though if there's an obvious yawing gap in there somewhere.

Any questions just ask.

Dallsizes_zpsccac3232.jpg

C

Concrete guy

price list?

I have to be careful how and what I post - I'm not a full forum sponsor (I have a support account here) so blatant direct advertising, links to websites and sales elsewhere are frowned upon, understandably.

If you search for my user name on Google I'm pretty easy to find.

From £12.24 inc vat for the 6mm up to £49.20 inc for the 65mm.

D

DHTiling

I have to be careful how and what I post - I'm not a full forum sponsor (I have a support account here) so blatant direct advertising, links to websites and sales elsewhere are frowned upon, understandably.

If you search for my user name on Google I'm pretty easy to find.

From £12.24 inc vat for the 6mm up to £49.20 inc for the 65mm.

I suppose peeps can pm you ... :smilewinkgrin:

P

Peter

Good work, some nice products lately. Prices are spot on too. How many holes would you expect from these in run of the mill porcelain?

C

Concrete guy

Good work, some nice products lately. Prices are spot on too. How many holes would you expect from these in run of the mill porcelain?

We'd be disappointed if these were producing less than 30 holes completely dry in grade 5 porcelain, which is on a par with the Marcrist bits. I've not found a spec on the Rubi cores that suggests how long they last so I can't really give a comparison.

We have a few more new items coming early February mainly aimed at masons with some grinding drums and polishing pads specifically designed for engineered stone (quartz).

But we do also have a 125mm dished blade for grinder fitment with a large "T" diamond segment that will be of more general interest for cutting curves and radius in tile and stone.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Have you any plans to offer "Tilers starter kits" ???

Or, any freebies for trial purposes you understand. :thumbsup:

C

Concrete guy

Have you any plans to offer "Tilers starter kits" ???

Or, any freebies for trial purposes you understand. :thumbsup:

What do you think would make up a tilers kit?

My business partner is always suggesting we do prepacked kits in much the same way 365Drills do but I'm not sure I see the value in that at the prices we offer. Selling individually gives you the option to put together exactly what you want.

With kits I always get the feeling we'd be putting one or two items/sizes in there that were not going to be used.

We do occasionally have forum offers, but like I said above, TilersForums have been very generous in allowing me to post and I'm conscious of upsetting the people who pay to be here. I have to tread carefully.

Reply to Dry Diamond Holesaws - Vacuum Brazed M14 fitting. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen