Currently reading:
Dot and dab court case

Search the forum,

Discuss Dot and dab court case in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Donna Borrill

Hello. I wonder if anyone can help please. I have had my kitchen floor tiled and it has become obvious that the tiler, although I paid a fair amount of money for him, has used the dot and dab method. This was discovered after a couple of holes were made after dropping relatively light items on the floor. After lots of internet searching, as I know nothing about tiling, it seems this is not a good method, and against British Standards. The tiler refused to re-tile the floor so I am going through the very nerve racking process of taking him to court. Tomorrow is my phone call between the tiler and a mediator. Although I know a British Standard exists, I have no idea what it states, and feel this would be a great help. Can anyone out there help me? Many thanks.

O

One Day

D

Donna Borrill

Hello all who helped me. So my telephone appointment with the mediator went well. The tiler has agreed to pay back the money I paid him for his work and pay back the money I spent on the tiles. He is coming back to remove the tiles which he laid incorrectly, get rid of them and leave my floor as he found it. So, 6 months later, I'll be back to square one, no tiles and a bare floor, but not out of pocket. I'm very relieved that I don't have to go to court. Thank you so much again :) Donna

B

Blunt Tool

Hello all who helped me. So my telephone appointment with the mediator went well. The tiler has agreed to pay back the money I paid him for his work and pay back the money I spent on the tiles. He is coming back to remove the tiles which he laid incorrectly, get rid of them and leave my floor as he found it. So, 6 months later, I'll be back to square one, no tiles and a bare floor, but not out of pocket. I'm very relieved that I don't have to go to court. Thank you so much again :) Donna
Have a look on here at find a tiler, that way you will find a reputable one in your area who will give you the job done right.

Reply to Dot and dab court case in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement