Search the forum,

Discuss door finnishes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sparky

what the best way of finnishing at a door to hide the edg of the tiles and the plywood is it trim or beading:confused:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a load of door strips available that will get you around this problem. Topps Tiles sell a few, ask Gaz on here if he knows of one.

Depend on the depth of the difference in floors would usually depend on the strip you use. i used to use a flat strip with a slight edge on either side of it and it would work to join 2 level floors and floors with a difference of up to about 20mm. And i used to have a brass, silver and wood finish on the van in 3 meter lengths, then let the customer choose out of the three.

T

trevortine

Thats the same type i use, they leave a really neat finish cause there are no screws, tip, i usually tile over the long lip on the bottom part of the thresehold bar, that way its not movin. They come supplied with self adh backing which can become unstuck in time.

B

brian c

good advice guys,use those myself on the wooden flooring jobs i do,used some today infact.:)

E

Elliott

Depends what your tiling upto I try and get the customer to choose their strip before I start. I like the ones that , a TT piece is screw into floor (The otherway round) then the top part is bashed in flush, no screws showing. But difficult to get back off.

Reply to door finnishes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen