Search the forum,

Discuss Door Architrave - can it be removed??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

zita230175

Hi

Please can anyone help? I have a small bathroom and think it would look more modern if I took the door architrave off. I am putting 60 x 40cm travertine tiles on the wall that are 12mm thick.

Is is possible to do this, and how would I finish the edges off so you can't see the adhesive underneath?

Thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You could use a tile trim around the door frame. Not too sure if it's possible on all jobs but I have seen a similar installation done where it looked really neat. You'd need a 15mm tile trim or similar though to get around the adhesive and your 12mm thick tile.

Z

zita230175

Thanks for this.

Do you mean the plastic trim you can buy from DIY stores, as I asked the bloke who I bought the tiles from whether I should use this round the window in my bathroom, and he said it doesn't look right with Travertine?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a matter of opinion. There are other trims available, some metal, some tile, some plastic. One of them might look nice in your opinion, maybe take a tile with your to your local tile stores and size something up? Personally i'd keep or replace the architrave.

Reply to Door Architrave - can it be removed??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen