Currently reading:
Don't you just love it

Search the forum,

Discuss Don't you just love it in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

turnip

TF
Arms
Theres nothing like a major balls up is there? Took on a last minute commercial job in London, an easy 70 m2 of porcs, to help out a builder under pressure, let down by his own tilers, blah,blah.
Had to be finished and should have been finished before Xmas, would have been finished aswell. Only the builder didn't supply enough tiles. Which were not in stock in the UK, when we ran out of tiles. 4 days before Xmas.
I can only guess the penalties on this job (tens of thousands per week maybe?). Because they organised a courier to drive to Italy to pick up more tiles, after asking the tile factory to open for one day after Xmas to enable the job to get finished.
Tiles turned up yesterday, one of my fixers is in town today to finish everything up, he calls me at lunchtime. Yes you guessed it, builder still didn't supply enough tiles to finish the job. He's probably hung himself by now. :lol:

A

Alan M

i once was on a job and was asked to fit a radiator cover before i left. (it was abot 4 and i was on day rate and finished so it didnt matter i could just leave on the hour) i said no problem but iv no plugs or screws(i was fitting a floor and only had long screw in the van) so off he went to the hardware to get some. he comes back with 4 screws and 4 plugs.
i was in shock. talk about mean . it must be just something in some peoples heads. i know loads of people that wont buy any more than the exact mathematical amount required. total nightmare
im the oposite. i would have bought a box of screws and a pack of plugs just to have they if i ever needed them again

Reply to Don't you just love it in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement