Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone bulk up SLC with sand? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I have many years ago before the slc became able to take deep fills..the trouble is sand tends to sink to the bottom of the bucket so you need to keep turning it over to make sure that it remains thru the mix.

I would personally use a slc able to take that thickness...I have read the posts you have made on this subject and feel you are trying to do it as cheap as chips..believe me there is no cheap way to do prep work, you do it right the first time and it will last a life time...cut corners and it will come back and bite you badly.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
There are loads of levellers that can go to 20 mm these days. However most can be bulked out with sand. You need to make sure it is clean sand though cos some sands will affect the polymer chemistry and change the setting. Also thy are not likely to be self smoothing because if you mix them up to the same consistency as unbulked compound they will segregate and the sand will drop out of suspension

Reply to Does anyone bulk up SLC with sand? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.