Search the forum,

Discuss Diamond set floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Can i have the floor in diamond set, the customer asked me this morning. Course you can luv, not a problem i said, while thinking to myself s*** s*** s***, i'v never actually done diiamond set, well not since the couple of sqm on my training course 2 yrs ago. I'v got a good idea of what i'm going to do, but are there any major do's and dont's, to follow. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks:huh2:

T

tiler burden

dave put a vide clip on here a few months back that would have said a 1000 words.

W

White Room

I know some tilers that charge a bit extra for diagonal about 25% just for the cutting

G

grumpygrouter

Diamond set on a floor is not really any different to a straight set, Gravity doesn't have an effect like it would on a wall in diamond. The only real difference is your starting datum line is 45deg to the wall instead of 90deg. It is basically a straight set but just at a funny angle!

B

brian c

Diamond set on a floor is not really any different to a straight set, Gravity doesn't have an effect like it would on a wall in diamond. The only real difference is your starting datum line is 45deg to the wall instead of 90deg. It is basically a straight set but just at a funny angle!
in addition to Grumpys comments,
Cutting the tiles at an angle takes a bit of getting used to ,an angle finder would be a great help on a job like this...great piece of kit:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I usually inset a half tile around the perimeter as well..........you can set out similar to this video..this is the one Ed ( tiler burden ) mentioned......

[yt]CF88vg7Mjz4&feature=related[/yt]

B

bigneil

if i am not sure about how its gonna work out, i simply lay out a few on the floor (dry), this gives a really good idea of what i am trying to work out in my head. It will show how your cuts are gonna fall at the edges, if it is all wrong, no harm done, just pick em up and have a re-think or a re- measure.

M

Mike Strutter

Any reason for putting half tile around the perimeter Dave?
Is it to make cutting into the wall easier, because no two walls are ever 90 degrees to one another?

D

DHTiling

Any reason for putting half tile around the perimeter Dave?
Is it to make cutting into the wall easier, because no two walls are ever 90 degrees to one another?

I do tile straight to the walls etc in 45 set...but i think it looks better with a half/quarter tile ....this picture frames the 45 set and makes it stand out more and of course makes it easier to cut to.....:grin:.....

A bit like this one i did but this one has a border tile as well......

i just put the option to the customer and see what they say.....most if not all go for the half tile option......

DSC00030.JPG

Reply to Diamond set floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen