Search the forum,

Discuss Dewalt D24000, Should I get one..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've been promising myself one of these for ages and thanks to a stone job I've got coming up in October the time has come! It will be used indoors mostly in a shopfitting environment so the trays to catch excess water are a big plus for me. I just wanted to confirm that this would be the best machine for my needs or if anyone who has one wishes they'd got something else instead??

D

DHTiling

I like mine but when Italy get their fingers out then the 10M will replace it for me.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have looked at the Sigmas Dave, I might be wrong but a can picture a big puddle of water underneath it after it's been used all day?

D

DHTiling

I have looked at the Sigmas Dave, I might be wrong but a can picture a big puddle of water underneath it after it's been used all day?

That is what sheets are for lol ..

You will also get floor wetting from the dewalt if the tile hangs past the table edge , as it drips off at the end of the table , but obviously not as much as say the 10m... but i am going to use the 10m for large stone jobs , this is where it will out perform the dewalt and then i have the smaller P9 for others and i can use the dewalt if the need requires it... so i have it covered from all angles.. :)

D

DHTiling

Also just to add a tip here ...

Use a piece of ply with 2x1 around the outer edge , then lay a sheet over , this then acts as a catch pit and no flooding over the edges.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
TBH Dave all my work is commercial and this is the first stone job that's come along this year for me. It will probably sit in my shed gathering dust for months after this job but at least it will be there when I need it. The tiles are 500x200 so there will be no overhang and the Dewalt is the perfect size, I don't need the capabilities of the bigger Sigmas. Usually most cuts are done with angle grinders but the health and safety on this particular one is a nightmare and creating dust is a big no no! Checked out prices and Tradetiler is still the cheapest so will give Dave a call in the next couple of weeks.

T

Time's Ran Out

Also just to add a tip here ...

Use a piece of ply with 2x1 around the outer edge , then lay a sheet over , this then acts as a catch pit and no flooding over the edges.

You can get a spot board from BQ for about £20!

P

Pebbs

Its a great machine imho, we use these all the time for stone work and never had any complaints, but remember to buy a good strong chain and padlock for it on site. Light fingered labourers everywhere it would seem these days.

Pebbs

Reply to Dewalt D24000, Should I get one..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen