Currently reading:
Dewalt D24000 problems

Discuss Dewalt D24000 problems in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I've just disassembled it as far as I dare go - got the gear case off and first couple of sets of bearings and they are all fine (shame as they are only £4.50). At least I know the problem is further back in the armature but that's gonna set me back £170 :(

Might just keep using it till it detonates and look out on fleabay for a used one going cheap - let me know if anyone hears of one going!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Well I do like it and I’d get another one if this was terminal. It’s the best compromise all rounder for the majority of the work I do.
It’s now at an authorised Dewalt repairer and he’s bet me that it will be the armature shredding itself. So bad news cos it’s costly but good news that he sounds like he knows what he’s talking about as I’d already narrowed it down to that.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Picked it up today and it's never sounded so good.

Old armature:
IMG_0175.JPG

The bearing was shot and the spindle was worn down razor sharp:
IMG_0177.JPG

Reply to Dewalt D24000 problems in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.