Search the forum,

Discuss Dewalt D24000 mitre in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive just purchased a D24000 from my local merchant and really look forward to getting stuck in with it, however after setting it up I have attempted a few mitre cuts and I have noticed that the tile whether porcelain or ceramic is chipping along the cut.:mad2:

Has anyone any idea of how to rectify this? I am unsure if its a calibration issue or poor technique.

Cheers for any input:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

1st of all make sure the machine is correctly set up and the tray rolls smoothly on the tracks. If you can lift the rolling tray off the tracks without moving it to its most rear position then its not installed correct.
Then take a square and lay it on the rolling bed tight against the measuring fence/guide. Use this to establish the wheel is installed correct.
Make sure you have a good flow of water while cutting.
Let the rolling tray glide through the cut and do not try and apply too much pressure.
Different tiles may give different quality cuts. If you are still not satisfied then you can get better diamond wheels although I was impressed with the standard wheel supplied....please note there are 2 different Dewalt wheels available and one is better than the other ( so they say).

Q

Qwerty

Try scoring it first, or cutting straight with the dewalt before cutting the mitre. Some tiles are more prone to chipping. Sometimes a new blade can cause it too

G

Gazzer

Try scoring it first, or cutting straight with the dewalt before cutting the mitre. Some tiles are more prone to chipping. Sometimes a new blade can cause it too

Indeed , its always worth running a new wheel through a tile a few times to bed it in. They always seem to cut better this way.

C

charlie1

Try this...

when cutting, make 1 - 2mm first pass, do this a few times then commit to full cut.

I

Ian

Try this...

when cutting, make 1 - 2mm first pass, do this a few times then commit to full cut.

As Charlie says, use the plunge and slide, rather than just the slide on its own with the blade fixed in the down position. That's how I do it and get good results 9 times out of 10.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had the same problem today fitting some porca wood planks which I was cutting for skirts,but to be fair,they were chipping a bit just with the rubi,but it looked fine,looked like part of the wood effect ;)

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
A decent blade really helps too. Someone on here is selling a DNA blade that is suitable for the dewalt. I couldn't do without mine it cuts almost anything chip free.

Reply to Dewalt D24000 mitre in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen