Search the forum,

Discuss dewalt d24000 ebay u.s in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rich83

hey.ive noticed on ebay, that you can get a dewalt d24000 shipped from u.s with all customs and delivery fees inclusive for 15% cheaper than best price in uk(not saying prices as almost certain its against tf rules).the company selling item has a high score of over 17,000 and 99.4 satisfaction rate.

so my question is
1.will it work on u.k current
and
2.would it be risky shopping via the u.s. as ive always bought from uk just to be safe.id like to know opinions as 15% saving on a transaction like this is fair chunk of change.

so who would take a punt!!!

C

Colour Republic

Only issue that comes up is regarding the warranty. Worth ringing dewalt UK to see if they would honour it.

I'd be tempted to be economical with the truth and say you've already bought it from the uk as no doubt they will try to persuade you to buy from a UK seller

R

rich83

import duties included. it has 1 year warranty.have no idea if this is complicated from buying from u.s.not sure what to do

C

Colour Republic

That's what I was talking about, some warranties are only valid in country of purchase, other warranties are global.

If you buy it and it goes wrong in the first year you may have to pay for repair, as I say ring dewalt and see if a machine bought in the US is covered in the UK

R

rich83

thanks colour repuplic.ill do that.if all else fails it may be best paying extra by getting from uk,for that peace of mind.it could be epic pain if came with fault or developed one.

G

Gazzer

Isnt the spindle a different size ? 5/8 so you may run into problems getting wheels unless you use a spacer.

R

rich83

cheers sir ramic.in past half hour ive gone from wow great deal to hell no.when i get pennies together gonna go to trade tiler.
thanks for feed back everyone:thumbsup:

R

rich83

just been onto dewalt uk. and it states that item sold in e.u must carry 'ce' mark.this is to state it has passed european tests.and items sold in other countrys such as u.s which may look the same ,do not have the 'ce' mark,and therefore will not be covered by e.u law.so warranty invalid.....that isnt word for word.but is the general jist. so DO NOT BUY ONE.:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to dewalt d24000 ebay u.s in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen