Search the forum,

Discuss Dark discolouration on tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have whitish floor tiles in my bathroom and have noticed dark patches/ discolouration that looks like shadowing on the two tiles next to the shower.
The floor tiles were installed before I moved into the house and have been fine for 2.5 years. I have however just had a new shower cubicle installed and since then have noticed the marks.
I’m guessing this could be water underneath from a leak in the shower? My plumber didn’t seem convinced this was the problem but I can’t see what else it could be.
Welcome advice on this!

Attachments

• 7EE862F9-925C-4CBA-B1CC-82481D115DE6.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 35
  • D39B7460-3D5B-43DD-AC35-624C8DFE874F.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 33

Glynn

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Could it be the silicone seal has de-bonded and water is getting down the back and under the tiles. Is the grout darker near the shower?

Reply to Dark discolouration on tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen