Discuss Cutting Travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Pompey61

Got a job coming up laying 10mm Travertine. My Sigma is to small to cope with lengh cuts so I need a larger cutter cant make my mind up though Rubi or Sigma? Or would a good quality wet saw be best as my plasplugs would die if it saw the size of these tiles? Also some curves to be cut hoping my grinder can cope with these cuts? Any views??

D

DHTiling

Wet Cutter Only Pomp . Rubi Do A Good Range But Expensive . I Swear By Rubi. On Cutting Curves Just Cut Into Tile Forming Slots Like Piano Keys Then Notch Out.

T

tony TLC

i have a tx 700 witch is great for most larger format tiles
but as for cutting travertine i score it the run it through with a grinder its very soft and easy to cut.curves will be easy with a grinder too
happt tiling :coffee:

P

Pompey61

Was thinking of a Ts 70 but dont fancy scoring and then cutting through the score with a grinder. Would the Ts not snap a 10 mm tile?

D

DHTiling

travertine is a natural product pomp wont break in dry cutter, wetcutter only, but will break 10mm ceramics/porcelains etc

D

DHTiling

rubi d-200 thats wot ive got costs around that. very powerful motor also have dw250n rail cutter spot on for large natural stone floors it to is around that price range..
HAPPY SHOPPING

T

tjsmiler

your grinder will whiz through it mate, just put a marcrist blade on it or a diamond blad and save your money......... if using diamond blade watch for dust though, prob best off cutting outside if using diamond

P

Pompey61

Had lots of differerent opinions regarding sealer.ie, seal the floor (concrete ) seal tile front and back of the tile before laying, seal tiles once layed and the seal tiles once grouted what methods do you all use?? many thanks had great help and advice so far, great learning tool!

G

georgetknight

1 dry wipe tiles
2 seal as i lay them
3 seal b4 brouting
4 re seal after grouting

Reply to Cutting Travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks