Search the forum,

Discuss Cracked Tiles over Bonding Plaster in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Hello,

Not forgotten, I just thought I’d wait till it actually happened before I posted! Many thanks for the advice and suggestions given. Once work is underway I will let everyone know.

Thanks again,

Edd

Apologies for making assumptions Edd.
Thanks for coming back, look forward to hearing more.

Reaction score
3Fall - No apology required! As the bathroom is still useable, we have told the fitter not to rush to squeeze us in. So it could be a month or two before anything happens.

Wrighty - the blue and white tiles are different sizes! We did not realise this until the fitter told us. We chose the blue first, but did not like the whites that the same manufacturer offered, so we went with another that were (supposedly) the same size from another maker. Obviously the tolerances in manufacturing have added up to an offset. Lesson learnt on that one. As the two walls are only visible together from one specific angle, we will get over it.

Edd

O

On one

I see!
It's something I have had to tell some customers in the past.....not all tiles that are called 600mm x 300m are 600mm x 300mm!

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
When retiling the blue tiles you could also avoid those slithers at the ceiling by asking the tiler to go a full tile off the bath if its no longer to meet a bond from the white tiles. Just a thought if its being redone anyway. Unless it is just one wall being redone then nevermind :innocent:

Last edited:

Reply to Cracked Tiles over Bonding Plaster in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen