Search the forum,

Discuss Concrete grinding options in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Filip

TF
Midlands
I ned to grind down some concrete high spots to get a better level before I tile, mainly a sand and cement mix without any pebbles. What is the best attachment to use with my 115mm angle grinder. My research on here leads me to a silicone carbide product, would this be any use --here as I already have the backing pad. I also have a bosch Pex 125 sander with velcro pad I can use, or do I go for a diamond disc/pad.

L

LM

I ned to grind down some concrete high spots to get a better level before I tile, mainly a sand and cement mix without any pebbles. What is the best attachment to use with my 115mm angle grinder. My research on here leads me to a silicone carbide product, would this be any use --here as I already have the backing pad. I also have a bosch Pex 125 sander with velcro pad I can use, or do I go for a diamond disc/pad.
Silicone carbide products are a waste of time for this type of task, get something like below. But as already stated dust extraction is paramount this will. E a big health risk.

Filip

TF
Midlands
Silicone carbide products are a waste of time for this type of task, get something like below. But as already stated dust extraction is paramount this will. E a big health risk.
There was nothing below - what were you linking to ?.
The area is outside and I was planing on attaching a heavy duty vacuum cleaner either with a shroud - home made or positioning the vacume end near the flow of dust

L

LM

5AB0D445-8D5D-49A9-A021-7469D62376C8.jpeg
One of these would be better, I got there eventually :confused:

Filip

TF
Midlands
Thanks chaps.The concrete area is normal mix with stones that was here when we brought but was a rough mess so I top dressed it with a sand and cement mix so do I actually need such an aggressive tool? That screwfix one unfortunately will not fit as it is a 125mm and my grinder is 115mm.
Can anyone recommend an under £15 one 115mm, I have just been looking and found some as low as £8 on ebay.
Is there anything similar that I could use on my 125mm orbital sander.
The problem with angle grinder is it only has one speed which throws out all the dust but the bosh sander I can control at a lower speed.

Reply to Concrete grinding options in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen