Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial wet "shower" room help!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Thepropertytea

Hi guys, I've been asked to quote on an industrial business premise for a 6 man shower room!! Nice ey, lathering up with 5 other men can't be tht good..... Anyway.

I have installed recently a wetroom ensuite, used the schluter kit, kerdi boards, shower tray kerdi band and coll etc... Looked the dogs , and was brilliantly finished to be honest,

My help is with this.

Room is 4m by 2.5m concrete base with breeze block walls, i'm currently quoting on the floor and drainage only for now.

1. So how do I start,..... Creating a fall in such a large area?? Use a tray, or multiple trays or self level to create a fall towards all walls???? Or centre of room...
thenuse a large drainage channel, ? Was thinking of 4 showers on one 4m wall and 1 each 2.5m wall. Leaving the p other 4m wall ( door way ) sloping away to reduce escape of water..

2. Does concrete floor require an uncoupling membrane such as ditto matting??

Thats just the sart......

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd use a drainage channel right down the centre, and then just have a small slope on both sides. You only need a few mm over a meter so nobody would notice it really. Get it right though you don't want puddles!

I'll let the lads advise on the tech stuff I don't tile any more. :(

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
is the concrete floor the finished floor level, as most commercial wet rooms i have done we have created falls with sand and cement screed.
running a channel drain the length of the longest wall, can you not fit all 5 showers on one wall.
what tiles are you using , as for ditra mat no need imo

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Is there any form drainage in there at the moment that you can connect into? That may help you decide the easiet way forward. The last commercial one I did had drain along each side so the high point ran straight down the centre

T

Thepropertytea

It's a blak canvass! Empty room , current concrete floor is not finished. There guys will back fill some cavities in floor and cut a drainage channel in wherever needed, rather than build the wholes floor up to high!
if adding a sand and cement screwed ( which they could do for me) how thick is needed?? Won't it crack if it's a fall from say 4 inch to nothing!??? I.e too thin at drainage end ( lower section)

Its 6 showers. I suggested 4 so could put drainage on one long wall.....They said 6

Why do you suggest no need for ditra? What would u use then? I only have experience of Paint on tanking kits and schluter type. ,

B

bugs183

I'd get the walls rendered, that won't need to be tanked.
Drain wise i'd suggest a single gully running along one wall, the length of the room.(as above).
A four inch bed down to nothing is going to break up, i'd get an experienced screeder in to put a slightly thicker screed down and just put a small fall in, it doesn't need to be a huge amount.
You shouldn't need to use ditra on this job, as everything would be rendered and there is no underfloor heating or movement.

Reply to Commercial wet "shower" room help!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen