Search the forum,

Discuss commercial tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilelover

I have been offered a spot doing commercial tiling. (sainsbury stuff like that)
I just need to know what prices i would charge?
As there is larger areas than domestic. There are cove tiles, terrazzo. Some tiles are ceramic.
Need to know per lineal or how much per sqm....
I was thinking 25 persqm thinking i cold do so many sqm per day.
Then skirting and all that would be lineal

Any advice would be great...

E

enduro

you would be lucky to get £15 to £18 per metre on commercial, u have to be very good and quick to earn money, so if your a new tiler it would be hard to earn a good days money, plus u will have to wait 30 days for payment plus get your tax deducted.. still interested!!!!

S

sc24

have you got a grinder/polisher for the terrazzo? you can earn good money doing terrazzo repairs but you have to have the kit

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd check with who offered you the job mate, see what they charge, but you do tend to need to tile like a blue arsed fly to get your tea at the end of the day.

S

sc24

I know a company in the west country that charge at least £300 a day for terrazzo repairs, whether its 1 tile or 10, we used to do asda's up and down the country, good at first but lots of miles and all out of hours, so bear that in mind and build the travelling and unsocialble hours into your price

B

brummie tiler

I think its safe to say that commercial tiling is not as lucrative as you first think, I have done a couple of resteraunts before and its damn hard work to earn the doh....much rather be on domestic myself

Reply to commercial tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen