Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss COMMERCIAL sqm RATES in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tilelover

can someone tell me what there rate would be if they were to take on large tiling areas.
200sqm+

I need a rate for
ceramic
Porcelain
Stone
large format tiles

Based on the area is one big area on a sound ply based floor.
Just labour prices
Reason being is im pricing a few jobs and i have been told my pricing is to high so i just want ot see how i compare.

Plez help me out

F

Fekin

Peoples sqm rates are different up and down the country, and also many don't actually price by the sqm.
They look at the job, decided how long it will take them then price up on their day rate.

R

ross lewiss

i was asking the chap i was working with yesterday about this and he claims if he is working for a builder who supplies him with a lot of work then he charges £15 m2 labour only for ceramics but, theres usually no holdbacks, its site work, but he also says that speed doesnt concern him one bit. he always aims for top quality on every job. he says theres lots of fast sh*te tilers out there, dont be one of them! he claims he can do 18-22 m2 of top quality work due to the lack of restrictions.
if he is doing ceramics for the general public then he charges £20 per meter, unless its a very big area and then he includes a £2 per meter discount, so he drops down to £18 m2 if theres lots of meters. he uses the same rates for porcelaine because it claims its all the same to him. he doest have any issues cutting porcelaine tiles so he doesnt differentiate.
natural stone work is a flat rate of £30 per meter whether its a builder or the public due to the prep and sealing etc thats needed. he also charges £35 per meter to lay tiles on sand and cement. hes a good tiler, hes 51 and is constantly booked up. his son is labouting and learning but while hes at college, i get to help on a wed as its my day off and he lets me go in on a saturday to help.
he doesnt do anything except tiling and i am pretty sure he makes a good living because the builder claims he earns more than the plumber! he also uses this phrase, theres only so much juice you can squeeze from a lemon. in other words dont over price and you'll stay in work and earn a very good living.
thanks, ross

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perry

Peter anything between £15 £30 but most of the bigger jobs you have to supply adhesive :pete

D

Deleted member 1779

Andy my tiler charges £25psm for porcelain. Or £270 per day but he uses a labourer who he pays £80 a day and he recons he can get the job done twice as fast to his clients.

Its weird but it works for him.

M

Mike flaherty

i was asking the chap i was working with yesterday about this and he claims if he is working for a builder who supplies him with a lot of work then he charges £15 m2 labour only for ceramics but, theres usually no holdbacks, its site work, but he also says that speed doesnt concern him one bit. he always aims for top quality on every job. he says theres lots of fast sh*te tilers out there, dont be one of them! he claims he can do 18-22 m2 of top quality work due to the lack of restrictions.
if he is doing ceramics for the general public then he charges £20 per meter, unless its a very big area and then he includes a £2 per meter discount, so he drops down to £18 m2 if theres lots of meters. he uses the same rates for porcelaine because it claims its all the same to him. he doest have any issues cutting porcelaine tiles so he doesnt differentiate.
natural stone work is a flat rate of £30 per meter whether its a builder or the public due to the prep and sealing etc thats needed. he also charges £35 per meter to lay tiles on sand and cement. hes a good tiler, hes 51 and is constantly booked up. his son is labouting and learning but while hes at college, i get to help on a wed as its my day off and he lets me go in on a saturday to help.
he doesnt do anything except tiling and i am pretty sure he makes a good living because the builder claims he earns more than the plumber! he also uses this phrase, theres only so much juice you can squeeze from a lemon. in other words dont over price and you'll stay in work and earn a very good living.
thanks, ross

M

Mike flaherty

thanks, ross

M

Mike flaherty

thanks, ross
I have a tiling company and been tiling 32 years my self , going rate these days is £30 per meter ceramic , £40 porcelain
£50 stone , porcelain requires floor adhesive and diamond drilling , dry differ t from ceramic , real world figure , tiles average 10 meters a day , as tiling has to to be grouted

M

Mike flaherty

30 ceramic , 40 porcelain, 50 stone , labour only , I’m in Kent and these are the rates , some of the high end tiling I carry out it can take an hour just to drill 5 accurate holes on one tile and fit so 10 meters a day would be an average as you have to factor on grouting time

Reply to COMMERCIAL sqm RATES in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks