Discuss Cleaning and repairing travertine floor tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

bodie1947

I,ve just moved into a home. th kitchen has got travel tine tiles whivh are very dirty and have holes in them.
I went to topps tiles and thensold me some cleaner , some stripper and some sealer.
The cleaner did nothing. Can anyone suggest a cleaner that works.
Also what can I use to fill in the holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Topshop

Re: Cleaning and repairing travel tine floor tiles

Do you mean Travertine?

You may want to call a stone restoration professional to clean and re-seal the stone. Some stripping chemicals can damage the stone and if the sealer is not applied properly you can make a nasty sticky mess that will attract more dirt than repel it.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Re: Cleaning and repairing travel tine floor tiles

Fila are a trusted brand amongst tilers so Topps have sold you the correct products, however the job may require more attention than a novice (I'm assuming you are) can give.

The cleaner probably will not do anything if the floor has not been cared for and treated with the correct products over the years.

You are looking at then stripping the floor of all previously applied (if any) sealers etc then starting to take care of the floor correctly if it isnt beyond repair.

As for the holes an mapei kerapoxy jasmine would be ideal to fill them once you have assertained what is happening with the restoring...again, a job for a pro in my opinion.

Reply to Cleaning and repairing travertine floor tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks