Search the forum,

Discuss Ceramic tiles - odd requirements? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a few (hopefully simple) questions, more out of curiosity than anything else.

I’m about to tile my bathroom walls with 500 x 250 ceramic tiles made by Keraben and noticed some stipulations on the packaging that seem a little strange.

100_8050.JPG

1 - Is there a good reason why they state that you must not fit these stretcher bond (not that I want to) ?

2 - They have DO NOT BOND in bold. What does this mean? The Spanish 'no trabar' seems to google translate as 'do not lock' which I guess could refer to question 1.

3 - When they say 'do not use wedges’ do they mean leveling clips/systems? If so, why shouldn’t these be used?

Ta

Last edited:
S

Spare Tool

It means they can't guarantee they'll be flat which is essential for brick/cross bond, levelling clips will try to make them flat and being ceramic they won't bend and could quite easily crack them,,,

W

WetSaw

...and don't butt them together, probably a bit "sizey" that's why they want 2.5mm gap.

Reaction score
I’ve had this recently with some porcelain tiles, they didn’t say no to a staggered bond, just that it could be no more than 1/3rd bond. The tiles were only 600x300’s

Reply to Ceramic tiles - odd requirements? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen