Search the forum,

Discuss Can new patio be put over existing base? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi we have just had an old sandstone patio ripped up and a new porcelain one will be put down. The person doing the job has said the existing base will be fine to use. There are a couple bit he will need to level out but aside from that, he will clean the area and relay. I have attached some pictures as I am not convinced so looking for on advice on whether others think the base is OK? Thanks.

Attachments

• 16553989917373516316049600520188.jpg
    955.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 16553990167986322645916715649222.jpg
    905.5 KB · Views: 17
H

Harvey

Hi, I am a DIY. I am building outdoor BBQ with countertop and cabinets. I wrapped it all in plywood. My question is :
what is best adhesive for it so as to stone sides and tile on counter top. Will it be good enough or will plywood have problems later. Thank you very much for your help,

Reply to Can new patio be put over existing base? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen