Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. laugh TilersForums.co.uk Tiling Job Of The Month Competition! laugh

Vote on July competition by clicking HERE (click the thumbs up on the job you want to win!

Enter in August competition by clicking HERE (click 'add your JOTM entry' and then 'add media')

2. ismoat Building Products

Discuss Can grout be added to a finished floor in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. john56897452

john56897452 Active Member

So I have finished tiling the floor. My question is, as a novice, I have treated the floor tiles like the wall tiles and have grout lines. These are noticeable when standing bare footed on them. My question is I would like the floor smoother by bringing the grout lines level with the tile surface. At this point the tiles have been down a couple of weeks and the floor used. Can I simply add more grout to achieve the finish ( will it adhere) or do I have to re-grout the floor?
    Floor.jpg

2. Andy Allen

Andy Allen Forum Entertainer! Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

It will wash out the joint when you wipe the grout off if it hasn't got a certain depth to it.

• Agree Agree x 1