Search the forum,

Discuss British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Wow! It seems the power of social media has had some effect!

I try to keep the forum Twitter account ticking over and recently the issue of how bad BCT (British Ceramic Tiles) are for us tilers.

BCT have openly put it out there wanting feedback from us.....

Screenshot_20180209-225540.png

So please either respond to this thread with as much detail as possible and I'm happy to take this forward on your behalf, or respond to the BCT tweet directly.

G

GoneGuy

With the price of the ted baker tiles and with them supposedly manufactured abroad you would have thought they would be spot on

Reaction score
I have recently been fixing for bathstore.
So far all of the bathrooms that I have done have been with tiles from BCT.
What a joke these tiles are.
I put some 100x200 tiles up and they were1mm different on the vertical. Many were twisted and many had transit marks.
I have done a further half dozen bathrooms using BCT tiles and they all had issues.
Sure, I got over it, but it takes extra time.
I would always try and steer a customer away from this company.
In fact when a customer asks where to source tiles from, I give them a few names but also say please don’t buy from this company.
Absolute garbage!
Somebody on here mentioned poor quality control.
I would say no quality control !

They really need to up their game and get modern machinery/ techniques. If not what is their problem ?
There must be a manufacturing issue surely ?

Q

Qwerty

Funnily enough this issue was raised again when I visited a supplier today. I will be speaking to the director again to see what they have been doing since we last met.

Q

Qwerty

Was contacted by a lady in NYC back in April about an issue she had with BCT tiles that somehow found themselves stuck (very badly I might add through tile quality, not fixer error!) to her bathroom walls. Got this reply from her today after I got back to her.......

20180822_234517.jpg

If the quality of a BCT product is unacceptable in the USA, why is it acceptable here!?!?!?

Reply to British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen