Currently reading:
British Ceramic Tile (BCT) gone bust

Discuss British Ceramic Tile (BCT) gone bust in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Just read on another site. Finished trading with immediate effect . Administrators are now winding it down . Don't think this bloke much about them though .

British Ceramic Tile Limited is a leading player in the manufacturer of ceramic tiles, with a longstanding heritage in the local communities in which it operates and a stellar reputation for its quality products," said Andrew Sheridan.

T

Time's Ran Out

That’s the annoying issue.
The worker pays for the appalling management.
No doubt the directors have taken their bonuses, inflated salaries and communication skills and got fixed up already.
Now we’ll see the ‘brand’ names (Laura Ashley and others) who put their name behind the poor quality product writing down losses and it’ll have a knock on effect.
The discontinued section of the forum will start to be busier!

W

Waluigi

Sad really as they were ‘The’ tile manufacturer in Britain. Part of me hoped they would eventually invest in themselves and start producing quality tiles.

Being truthful though, it’s very difficult to compete against other countries in the manufacturing sector so they were always going to struggle.

The problem is that Britain need to start manufacturing again, so this is a knock back really. All those job losses are never a good thing.

I

Italy

many years ago I often passed from the ceramic production areas in Italy, I remember that every 100 meters of street there was a company that produced tiles. 5 years ago I went back to the same area and I felt like crying .... :(
empty and abandoned sheds, now they are left alone
145 manufacturing companies and 20000 employed workers,
but I think that 15/20 years ago they were more than double.
many companies have joined together,
some workers bought the same from bankruptcy
companies where they worked and continued production.
unfortunately this is the situation.

B

Bill

many years ago I often passed from the ceramic production areas in Italy, I remember that every 100 meters of street there was a company that produced tiles. 5 years ago I went back to the same area and I felt like crying .... :(
empty and abandoned sheds, now they are left alone
145 manufacturing companies and 20000 employed workers,
but I think that 15/20 years ago they were more than double.
many companies have joined together,
some workers bought the same from bankruptcy
companies where they worked and continued production.
unfortunately this is the situation.
Didn't everyone who lived in Carrera claim to have a quarry Antonio?.... all my Italian tiling mates used to say that.

I

Italy

Didn't everyone who lived in Carrera claim to have a quarry Antonio?.... all my Italian tiling mates used to say that.
tom,CARRERA they are jeans pants :)
CARRARA it's marble,
now they send the blocks of marble in china for the cut
and polishing .... :(
in Italy they remove from the quarry and that's it.
the answer was: in Italy, carrara marble does not come
almost more used, China is closer to the countries where they use
the carrara marble is very much and of course the processing is
cheaper. :(

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Uk
Does anyone know how I can get my hands on one box of BCT accolade grey matt tiles? Thanks

I have just checked through the remaining stock list and it’s not listed on there unfortunately.

Best bet would be to phone BCT and ask who bought them last and then get in contact with them.
You might be lucky as it’s only one box you need.

Reply to British Ceramic Tile (BCT) gone bust in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement