Discuss Best Wet Room Tray/deck And Where To Buy From? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

gordybaillie

Hi

I am quoting for a wet room which is currently a small WC but has space for a shower/wetroom area. The space I have available for the tray/deck is just over 1000mm x 800mm.

What tray/deck would you recommend (e.g. Impey?) and where is the best place to buy these from?

The walls in the room as also solid concrete as its an old building - can I tile directly on to these (as the previous tiler has done) or should I board first, if so what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

W

White Room

Hi

I am quoting for a wet room which is currently a small WC but has space for a shower/wetroom area. The space I have available for the tray/deck is just over 1000mm x 800mm.

What tray/deck would you recommend (e.g. Impey?) and where is the best place to buy these from?

The walls in the room as also solid concrete as its an old building - can I tile directly on to these (as the previous tiler has done) or should I board first, if so what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Could you expand on that....

G

gordybaillie

Sorry only just managed to get back online.

Yes we are putting in a new waste so we have a bit of flexibility in this.

Basically I am looking for recommendations on what tray to use as I have only done this once and used an Impey tray however is there any other makes you guys use for wet rooms?

Thanks

J

J Sid

If its a screed floor now I would be inclined to dig this out , fit waste, and re-screed to custom make the deck to the size you need or dig up all the floor and screed do the whole floor becomes a wet deck and do away with glass screen

O

One Day

Get an experienced installer in, take their recommendations and learn from them. I'd go with Schluter or Wedi myself. Both have foolproof drains.

B

Bill

Making your own tray/floor falls is also another option - and a hell of a lot cheaper and less chance of leaking especially if this is a downstairs room with solid floors.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
What about the drying time? I like the idea of forming the try in sand and cement but have you got the drying time?

B

Bill

What about the drying time? I like the idea of forming the try in sand and cement but have you got the drying time?
You can buy adhesive for this - look for a 'green screed adhesive or if you were uber confident, you can lay the tile in the sand and cement but better use tiles over 200mm for this. I have done many a job doing it with 150mm square tiles but you need the practice to get the falls correctly.

Just buy some green screed adhesive.

O

One Day

I can't get over some people's worry about x costing more than y.
Yet x installs far easier, far faster and with more peace of mind.

"Time saved = money made"
"Buy cheap - buy twice"
"Do it right - do it once etc etc etc"

(In b4 "a fool and his money..." :p)

B

Bill

I
I can't get over some people's worry about x costing more than y.
Yet x installs far easier, far faster and with more peace of mind.

"Time saved = money made"
"Buy cheap - buy twice"
"Do it right - do it once etc etc etc"

(In b4 "a fool and his money..." :p)
I can screed a wet room floor as quick as you can fit pre-formed tray - is that in your equation?

J

J Sid

WP_20141007_16_45_40_Pro.jpg
I love hand screeded wet rooms. Do share photos of your work as we all like seeing quality handmade work.
These are hand screened
NewImage_864_1536_90 (1) (1).jpg NewImage_864_1536_90(4) (1) (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Best Wet Room Tray/deck And Where To Buy From? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks