Currently reading:
Best method of sealing porous tiles

Search the forum,

Discuss Best method of sealing porous tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

Any roller is liable to create a foam on the surface, I usually roller an area then give it a once over with microfibre cloth to even if out. These days all I use in universeal rapid all in one, it's usability is very different to Lithofin stuff.
Well as nobody has mentioned it I think I should, you need to use a low water content adhesive with quartz. 2 part is preferred but the likes of Tilemaster ultimate is suitable. I haven't fitted quartz in this situation so can't comment on its suitability ?

James De

TF
Esteemed
London
I knew why he was asking about sealer so thought I'd mention that here too. It's rapid by name rapid by nature. There's no excess to remove, it dries within a minute in any situation and there's no restrictions for its use on wet stone etc. Give it a go
Is that the tile rite stuff? If so it’s what I used on the slate. Can apply a 2nd coat within an hour but there is residue. What’s the stuff you use called?

Reply to Best method of sealing porous tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement