Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom With Shower Over Bath in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Stevev

TF
Reaction score
Hi, looking at the below pic as example.....if you were to tile over a bath with a shower over it....would you necessarily tank the area tiled or is it not that essential as it may not get direct water hit. I would assume the builders used plasterboard. also would the silicone used to seal between the bath and the wall adhere to tanking material or would have to tank just down to the seal??

many thanks

S

Spud

all wet areas should be waterproofed/tanked prior to tiling in my opinion, yes silicone the bath to the wall first tank the walls, tile it, grout it ,let the grout dry out properly then silicone the corners and betwenn the bath and tiles

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I always recommend to tank wet areas, for what it costs, why take the chance

F

Flintstone

I personally would rather tank the wall to below the bath line then the bath be fitting and siliconed.

Reply to Bathroom With Shower Over Bath in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen